The onset of stroke is sudden, and its effects are debilitating. Our Stroke Team will work rapidly to minimize damage and improve your chances for a full recovery. Knowing the warning signs of a stroke is critical to saving your life:
If you have any of the following warning signs for stroke, call 911 immediately:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm, or leg-especially along one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion.
- Sudden dimness or loss of vision, particularly in one eye.
- Sudden difficulty speaking or trouble understanding speech.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness, or sudden falls, especially with any of the other signs.