These programs, partnerships and/or activities address the root causes of health problems, like poverty, homelessness or environmental issues. These problems can be addressed through in-kind donations and budgeted expenditures for the development of community health initiatives.
Examples of how Union Hospital contributes to community building activities:
- Facilitating Habitat-for-Humanity projects
- Implementing Project ECHO initiatives
- Working with the Cecil Leadership Institute to educate business leaders on the economic impact that Union Hospital has on Cecil County
- Facilitating Adopt-a-Highway roadway clean-ups
- Participating in Christmas in April projects
- Fostering partnerships with the BEPAC, DSS, Elkton Alliance, Family Services Association, Susquehanna Workforce, and United Way of Cecil County