Plain Language Summary
Consistent with its mission to provide safe, high quality health and wellness services to the residents of Cecil County and neighboring communities, Union Hospital of Cecil County and its affiliates are committed to providing free or discounted care to individuals who are in need of emergency or medically necessary treatment and have household income below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Guidelines. Individuals who are eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more than the average amounts generally billed to insured patients, for emergency or medically necessary care.
Financial counselors are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:30pm to discuss the application process either in person at Union Hospital or via phone at 443-406-1337 or 410-392-7033.
Union Hospital will not pursue extraordinary collection actions against any individual.
For a free copy of the entire Financial Assistance Policy and/or an Application for Financial Assistance in English or Spanish, patients can:
- Visit the website at: www.uhcc.com/patient-financial-services/financial-assistance/
- Send a request by mail to:
Union Hospital of Cecil County
Patient Financial Services Department
106 Bow St.
Elkton, MD 21921
- Request by calling 443-406-1337 or 410-392-7033
- Send a request by E-mail to email@example.com
- Request in person at the following locations:
- Outpatient Registration Department
- Emergency Department Registration
- Patient Financial Services Department
- Customer Service Department