The Interventional Radiology/Cardiology department at Union Hospital would like to thank you for considering us for your healthcare needs. The staff consists of Registered Nurses and Radiologic Technologists and we will be in communication with you from the time your physician orders a procedure to the days that follow your procedure.
We utilize procedural sedation, “conscious sedation”, for many of our procedures to ensure that the patients have their pain/anxiety relieved during the procedure. Please call our friendly staff with any questions, comments, or concerns. Your specific pre-procedure and post-procedure instructions will be given to you during the interview process, when one of our nurses calls you.
We perform over 20 different cardiac and radiologic procedures using CT Scan, Ultrasound, and fluoroscopy, as well as Cardiology, to best treat the community.
Procedures done in IR/C:
- Ultrasound Guided Renal Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guided Liver Biopsy
- Tunneled Dialysis Catheter Insertion/Removal
- Tunneled Central Line Insertion/Removal
- Percutaneous Aspiration And Alcohol Sclerotherapy
- Paracentesis w/ Albumin Infusion
- Chest Tube Insertion
- Nephrostomy Tube Insertion
- IVC Filter Insertion
- CT Guided Abcess Drainage
- CT Guided Biopsy
- Angiogram with runoff/stenting/balloon angioplasty
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Endograft
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Loop Recorder Insertion/Removal
- Generator Change
At Union Hospital, we offer diagnostic testing for cardiovascular disease. And our peripheral vascular lab—the newest addition to our ultrasound services—provides a broad range of screening exams for the detection and management of vascular disease. Once the diagnosis has been confirmed, our vascular surgical team can perform minimally invasive surgery to remove arterial blockages.
Union Hospital’s EP Lab utilizes state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat arrhythmias.
Hours: 7:00-4:30 Monday-Friday
On-Call 24/7 for emergency procedures