New Visitation Guidelines
Effective March 26, 2020
ChristianaCare, Union Hospital wants to provide the safest possible environment for patients, families, and caregivers.
At this time, no visitors are allowed to visit any patients at ChristianaCare hospitals, and no support people are allowed to accompany a patient to a service except for the following:
- One visitor is permitted for patients for end-of-life care.
- One visitor or support person is permitted to support laboring and postpartum mothers.
- Hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for visitors meeting the criteria listed above.
- One support person is permitted for patients in the emergency department.
- One support person is permitted for patients with outpatient services and surgical procedures.
All visitors will be screened for coronavirus risk before being permitted to enter. The screening will include questions related to travel, exposure, and symptoms, and will include temperature monitoring for all visitors who are negative for travel, exposure, symptoms. Any visitor who is screened with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed to enter for visitation. Visitors will not be provided with a mask when entering. If a visitor chooses to bring a mask to wear this will be allowed.