Are you experiencing joint pain?
Do you have difficulty getting up and down stairs? Is a trip to the mailbox a painful journey? Are activities you enjoy—including playing golf or tennis—being eliminated from your schedule? Now there is a team of local experts you can turn to for help.
Our Joint Replacement Center has experts who can help
From hips to knees to shoulders to hands, Union Hospital’s experienced orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and physical therapists are committed to restoring activity to your life. Each year we replace more than 100 hips and other joints, reducing pain and giving patients greater freedom of movement—often with life-altering results.
Quality care and results—easy to access under one roof
Our team is skilled in all areas of joint replacement care—your assurance of an excellent result after surgery. From pre-admission to discharge to home care, we offer a quality of care that is personally focused. We can:
- Assess and diagnose your condition
- Help you understand your options
- Perform state-of- the-art surgery
- Guide you through rehabilitation
- Help you understand what you can do to stay healthy and active
Innovative surgical options are available right here, close to home
Our surgeons are skilled at performing some of the most progressive orthopedic procedures including:
- Minimally invasive hip replacement technique—the SuperPath® Hip Replacement technique aims to get hip replacement patients back on their feet within days, instead of weeks or months.
- Gender-specific joint implants—specially sized joint replacements to “fit” every type of proportion to assure a greater comfort and more complete recovery
- Minimally invasive bone grafting—a process that can be performed with a needle, without a surgical incision