A partnership with Cardio-Kinetics, Inc. & Union Hospital
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab at Union Hospital offers programs for people with coronary artery disease and other heart conditions, as well as for those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). We provide individualized outpatient programs of monitored exercise, education, training and support to help people improve the quality of their lives. Each participant’s program is continuously evaluated and modified, and periodic progress reports keep the referring physician informed and up to date.
Cardiac rehabilitation is designed to:
- Increase the functional capacity of your cardiovascular system
- Increase your knowledge as it pertains to cardiovascular health and wellness
- Restore your self-confidence so you can return to performing everyday activities
Pulmonary rehabilitation is designed to:
- Reduce COPD symptoms, including coughing, sputum production and shortness of breath
- Lessen the anxiety, stress and depression associated with COPD
- Increase physical strength, endurance and exercise tolerance
- Provide education concerning COPD, diet, stress management, breathing techniques and how to better perform the activities of daily living
- Reduce hospitalizations and medical costs
- Improve overall quality of life
Ask your doctor for a referral to Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab at Union Hospital. For more information, call (410) 392-2862.
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab at Union Hospital
137 W. High St.
Elkton, MD, 21921