Are you looking to become part of a healthcare organization where you can make a positive difference? Where you can not only practice nursing but build your future? If you answered yes, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re Union Hospital, a licensed, fully accredited, full-service community hospital. For nearly 100 years, hospital physicians and staff have provided healthcare services for residents in and around Cecil County. Our highly-trained and caring staff of over 250 physicians and over 900 staff members work together to ensure each patient and his or her family receives the highest quality care available for both inpatient and outpatient services.
Our full spectrum of services includes: medical, emergency, surgical, critical care, obstetrics, diagnostics, community education, rehabilitation, psychiatric, pediatrics, occupational health, and the care and treatment of cancer and diabetes.
Inpatient care that’s a prescription for healing
Our two-story inpatient tower was designed to provide a comfortable and medically advanced inpatient experience. Benefits include:
- Nurses’ stations between rooms for closer patient monitoring
- Electronically controlled window frosting for patient privacy
- More patient beds – 70% of them in private rooms
- Improved patient satisfaction, infection control, and interaction between patients and nurses – as a result of private rooms
- Shared rooms featuring separate bathroom facilities for each patient
- Additional space to make families and visitors more comfortable
Our quality measures have earned us national recognition:
- Top 100 Hospital in the Country by Thompson®
- Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Medicare Excellence Award from the Delmarva Foundation 2002, 2004-the only hospital in Maryland to win it twice
- Certification of our Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Certificate of Recognition for Diabetes Education from the American Diabetes Association
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) by the American Association for Respiratory Care
- Three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for Union Hospital’s Adult Day Care Services
- Accreditation with Distinction by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Breast Health Center accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and FDA Accreditation