Are you looking to become part of a healthcare organization where you can make a positive difference? Where you can not only practice nursing but build your future? If you answered yes, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re Union Hospital, a licensed, fully accredited, full-service community hospital. For over 110 years, hospital physicians and staff have provided healthcare services for residents in and around Cecil County. Our highly-trained and caring staff of over 260 physicians and over 1200 staff members work together to ensure each patient and his or her family receives the highest quality care available for both inpatient and outpatient services.
Our full spectrum of services includes: medical, emergency, surgical, critical care, obstetrics, diagnostics, community education, rehabilitation, psychiatric, pediatrics, and the care and treatment of cancer and diabetes.
Inpatient care that’s a prescription for healing
Our two-story inpatient tower was designed to provide a comfortable and medically advanced inpatient experience. Benefits include:
- Nurses’ stations between rooms for closer patient monitoring
- Electronically controlled window frosting for patient privacy
- More patient beds – 70% of them in private rooms
- Improved patient satisfaction, infection control, and interaction between patients and nurses – as a result of private rooms
- Shared rooms featuring separate bathroom facilities for each patient
- Additional space to make families and visitors more comfortable
Our quality measures have earned us national recognition:
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Certification of our Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Outstanding Achievement Award status from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) honored Union Hospital with the Pathway to Excellence – the first hospital in Maryland with this distinction
- Certificate of Recognition for Diabetes Education from the American Diabetes Association
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) by the American Association for Respiratory Care
- Accreditation with Distinction by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Breast Health Center accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) & the FDA Accreditation; & National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Healthiest Maryland Business – Gold Level
- Healthcare’s Most Wired Small & Rural Hospitals for 2017
- HIMSS Stage 7 Analytics Award