At Union Hospital, our Visitation policies and guidelines are designed to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, as well as to provide a quiet, restful, healing environment for our patients.
Visitation may be restricted due to a patient’s clinical condition, by the care team, at the discretion of the patient or due to special needs. Visitation privileges are not restricted, limited or otherwise denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Our hospital main doors are locked from 8pm-6:30am. During that time, all guests must enter through the Emergency Department Entrance and sign in at the Visitor Check-in area with one of our Security Officers.
In order to encourage a safe and healing environment, we will request photo identification for all guests and ask that you follow these general guidelines for visitation:
- All guests must provide a valid form of photo identification and the name of the patient they are visiting.
- All guests must wear their visitor ID badge on their upper torso during entire visit.
- Guests that have colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Guests should ask care team before giving gifts of food or beverages because many patients have special or restricted diets.
- In order to protect confidential patient information and privacy rights of hospital staff, the use of recording devices such as cameras (including cell phone cameras), video recorders, audio recorders or any other type of equipment used to capture or record images and/or sound by patients and guests is prohibited.
- All guests must practice hand hygiene by using hand sanitizer or washing their hands with soap and water before entering the patient’s room. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located outside of all patient rooms and throughout the hospital.
- All guests are expected to follow any isolation precautions currently in place as directed by nursing staff.
In response to a guest who has displayed unacceptable behaviors of any kind, security measures including visitor restriction and/or legal action will be taken. Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Unreasonable interference with any patient’s provision of care
- Harassment of any kind, use of loud, threatening, abusive or obscene language to any patient or staff member or other guest.
- Offensive remarks made of racial, sexual or personal derogatory nature
- Use of physical violence or force, or acting in a threatening manner
- Arriving on hospital property under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol
- Damage to hospital property
- Possession of weapons or firearms
- Retaliation against any person who addresses or reports unacceptable behavior
- Excessive noise that is disruptive to others in the vicinity
- Disruption to the therapeutic environment of the patient being visited or to other patients on the unit
Questions or Complaints?
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines designed to keep our patients and staff safe and supported. If you have any questions or complaints, please tell someone on the care team. We value treating everyone with respect.