Our Patient & Family Advisory Council is designed to put the patient and their family at the center of their care, giving them a voice in the decisions that affect how they receive care. The council is made up of a combination of current and past patients and staff members, who meet monthly to discuss ideas and suggestions to enhance the level of care provided to Union Hospital’s patients.
Members of the Patient & Family Centered Care Advisory Council are responsible for:
- Identifying and articulating the patient and family perspective with regard to improving the patient experience
- Providing the patient and family’s perspective in developing creative solutions about how to improve the patient experience
- Offering recommendations related to patient experience topics referred to the advisory council by Union Hospital staff and management
Other than being a patient (current or past), no specific experience is necessary to serve on this committee, however, members should:
- Be able to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
- Reach out broadly and listen to other patients, families, health care providers and community members
- Respect the collaborative process in the council as a forum to discuss issues
- Be willing to listen to differing views
- Encourage all council members to share ideas and viewpoints
Members are asked to serve on the council for a minimum of one year.
Want to become a member of the Patient & Family Centered Care Advisory Council?
For more information about how to become a member call 410-392-7002 or e-mail email@example.com.